„The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught, as that every child should have the opportunity of teaching itself.“ „If we succeed in giving the love of learning, the learning itself is sure to follow.“
(John Lubbock, britischer Archäologe, 1834 - 1913)
Montessori - Primaria 1 (6-9 year olds)
Basic lessons of the Primaria 1:
(based on the Austrian curriculum and the standards of Association Montessori Internationale)
- English as everyday language with Montessori native speakers
- German with German-speaking pedagogues
- continuation of the work of the preschool (Montessori children’s house) or the corresponding basis work with new pupils
- mathematics with Montessori materials: basic calculations, dimensions, units,....
(mathematics have a special place in Montessori education: joyful and comprehension-based learning: realisation exclusively with Montessori materials)
Field trips (museums, places of our ancestors, planetarium, the woods and its animals, etc.)
Arts, creativity and movement - "Friday is creativity day":
Respectful interaction with the children in our care is the prerequisite for good pedagogy!
Individualisation and talent development are at the didactic and methodical core of our work.
point of emphasis – health:
--> physical health through daily exercise, working outdoors, organic whole foods, lessons in nutrition
--> psychological health: acquiring of social competence, respectful interaction within the school community, ...
point of emphasis – creativity: space and time for free creativity and self-defined experience of art!
Arrival: Mon.-Fri. flexible from 8:00 a.m. – 8:40 a.m.
End of school day:
Mon. – Thurs.: till 3:00 p.m.
Fri.: till 1:00 p.m.
After school care/additional activities:
- after school care till 4:30 p.m. through courses (sports: capoeira, yoga, football...).
- summer care